Size is not the only thing that makes the breasts appear beautiful. There are different requirements that specify to certain women. To get a proportional shape of the breast, different techniques are being used by skilled cosmetic surgeons. As the age increases, the breasts start sagging. Sagged breasts are like a sign of old age, and the sagging is further exacerbated by stretch marks on breast skin, weight loss, weight gain, genetics or childbirth.
In such conditions, the women seek breast lift so that they can regain the projecting breast, full and pert like the ones that they had in teenage.
What is a Breast Lift with Implants?
Breast lifting with implants is basically, a procedure that blends breast augmentation with a breast lift in just one session of operation. The breast lift aims the relocation of breasts at a point higher on the chest, whereas the aim of the implant is to restore or provide the upper pole of breasts with fullness at the top. There may be cosmetic purposes behind this procedure, or they may be performed as a part of the reconstructive procedure.
What are the pre-operative requirements?
- Two weeks before the surgery, the patients are required to have a medical clearance from the surgery center.
- For the healthy adult patients, the minimum requirement is an H & P (History and physical) and a CBC blood test.
- At least four weeks before the surgery, you need to stop smoking. You also have to abandon the usage of aspirin products one week before the surgery.
- You must not eat or drink anything after midnight on the day before surgery.
- Make sure you are satisfied with the experience level and reputation of the surgeon and are completely comfortable with the surgical procedure.
What is the post-operative recovery like?
After the surgery, you may have soreness and swelling for about 4 to 6 months. After having the surgical operation of breast lift with implants, there are certain operations that are to be followed.
- You will have to wear the pain pump for two to five days after the surgery (if you have opted for it). This will help you in minimizing the pain after the operation.
- Two to three days after the operation, schedule an appointment to have all the drains removed.
- Follow up the appointments on the second day, after one week, then after a month and then four months after operation date.
What are the risks and possible complications?
Whatever surgery you undergo, you always are prone to certain risks and potential complications. These complexities include:
- Poor scarring
- Capsular Contracture
- Seroma (the buildup of fluid)
- Implant issues (rupture, leakage, wrinkling)
That’s not it. Depending upon the conditions and other circumstances, there may be some other issues and complexities too.
How much Breast Lift with Silicone do implants cost?
Breast lift with augmentation is one of the commonly performed cosmetic procedures. There are variable prices of this lift procedure, and the price depends on different factors. Before going for the surgery, do make sure that the quote you have received for the breast lift with silicone implants is inclusive of the facility fee, implant cost, surgeon’s fee, post, and pre- op care and the anesthesia charge. All these components may vary depending upon the practice of surgeon.
Taking into account the Midwestern United States, the average price of breast lift with silicone implants ranges from $6500 to $7500. This price is inclusive of the anesthesia fee (make sure you get it from a Board Certified Anesthesiologist), pain pump, facility fee, and the implant cost.
Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon for Your Breast Lift
Choosing a cosmetic surgeon is the most important and critical decision that you need to make if you are considering a breast lift with implant surgery. You have to make sure that you choose the right surgeon for your operation. You need to be comfortable with his or her surgical procedure, keep in account his reputation and most importantly, his level of expertise.
Visit the cosmetic surgeons and ask them directly about their experience and make sure that there is no communication barrier in between you (patient) and the surgeon. Clear all your doubts and know about the procedure he is going to adopt. You can also ask if he has multiple procedures or how many times he has performed a certain procedure and what were the reviews of the patients. You can visit the website of the surgeon and check out the photos of previous patients, before and after the breast lift surgery.
You can also ask for some other photos during the consultation. Try to find out a patient who has breasts likewise yours, and you will be able to imagine what your breasts are going to look after the surgery. You will be able to feel the aesthetic style of the cosmetic surgeon and be comfortable with him.
Search for an ABCS Cosmetic surgeon
- Before choosing a surgeon, make sure that the board certifies him. The certification is a guarantee of the credibility of a cosmetic surgeon because if he can meet up the standards of the board and is specifically trained and experienced in cosmetic surgery, then he is certainly reliable and you can have a peace of mind, not to worry about the quality of surgeon.
- The Next thing is to ensure the credibility of the facility where your surgical procedure will take place. This is necessary to ensure your safety.
- Don’t just fall for the price. You have to ensure safety and results first. Compromising on quality and going for a lower priced surgery will pose certain health and safety risks. It would rather be better to go for such cosmetic surgeon who will offer you financing options so that you can budget the costs of the procedure.
Pre-op & Post-op Recovery Tips
As soon as you decide on your cosmetic surgeon, consult him and take the necessary pre-op steps recommended by the doctor. For this, you should schedule the operation time one to two months after consultation.
- Has your blood work done even if the cosmetic surgeon doesn’t feel it essential for the surgery? You can have it done by your primary care doctor too.
- After having the surgery, you may feel it difficult to reach the underarm area. So, you may consider having an underarm wax. Also, if you have the armpit incision during the surgery, you won’t be able to shave that area.
- You might require at least one- week bed rest so take leave from work for at least a week.
- Be prepared. One to two weeks before surgery, do all the things that may bother you after the surgery. For example, you should not be stretching your body after an operation. So, you must bring the things down from the shelves. Prepare everything that you will need after your surgery. You may need to buy microwave dinners, boxed juice or soda in cans and bottled water.
- Make sure that the things you need frequently are not placed on high shelves. As already mentioned, you should not be stretching your body after the operation. Prepare your bedside with the things you frequently use like something to drink, pain killers and the remotes. Also, take out all those shirts that don’t need to be pulled above the head. You have to wear these shirts for about two to three weeks.
- Get your house cleaned properly.
- Gas up your car.
- Water the plants.
- You may feel bad after the surgery, and in such case, we don’t tend to eat. So, rather than eating, one might think of drinking boost. This will be a good idea because the body’s nutrient requirements should be fulfilled and if Boost or any other drink can do that, take it after consulting with the doctor.
- Turn off your phone and have plenty of bed rest. Sleeping is the most natural painkiller and will help you to recover too.
- People have become constipated even after many days of surgery. In such case, you can put some Benefiber in your water.
- Consult your doctor, and if he allows then you can use cordran tape to help you with the scars.
- Doctors recommend waiting for at least a month before resuming any physical activity that can increase the blood pressure (especially sex and the activities that involve usage of arms).
- You will find that most of the bathing suits and bras are itchy. In this case, you should go for just a T- shirt as it will feel relatively comfortable. You need to wear T- Shirt till the implants gets enough time to settle down. After everything is OK, you can resume wearing the bra of your choice.
Finally I’d like to suggest you must do proper research to know the best breast implants. This process can be done performed efficiently and safely but required a professional and experienced cosmetic surgeon. On the other hand do not forget to follow the pre-op and pro-op to get your original shape sooner. Due to aging process your breast would be affected by some natural changes so you must need proper consulting and suggestion by a qualified surgeon.